How This Boutique Real Estate Brokerage is Doing Business During COVID-19

by Joe Sesso on April 23, 2020

Raj Qsar is the broker and owner of The Boutique Real Estate Group, an independent, Orange County, CA brokerage. He visited The Secrets of Top Selling Agents Facebook Group for a live presentation to discuss how he and his agents are adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Qsar said that despite the situation, his team is playing offense and being proactive with their business. They still have listings that need to be serviced and, since real estate was designated as an “essential” business by Orange County, they are still conducting business, albeit much differently than before. Qsar said that with COVID-19 being called the “invisible enemy,” it’s important for agents and brokers to develop a wartime mentality with their business. This means being proactive and adapting to the current situation rather than waiting for others to take action. He outlined five strategies for Realtors to implement into their business today. Raj Qsar image

1. Mindset: “80% of success comes from mindset,” said Qsar. “The other 20% is from strategy.” He said not to let fear control your mindset during these times. Realtors need to be the calming voice. They need to adhere to safe practices and guidelines, but they can’t let fear take control of their business. Mindset is critical when it comes to having a “wartime” mentality. And success cannot be had without the right mindset.
2. Perspective: “The pandemic has leveled the playing field for agents and brokers,” said Qsar. “Everyone is in the same situation.” The key is how agents choose to adapt. This environment can create opportunities to connect with both new leads and past clients.
3.Innovation: Some of the greatest innovations were created out of necessity. This is a time where agents can learn new skills and innovate with Facebook ads, drone technology and Matterport cameras for virtual tours. Qsar also said to learn other social mediums, such as Tik Tok.
4.Build your pipeline: Many agents have a “transaction mindset,” and only focus on the next lead after closing a deal. They often neglect to follow-up with past clients and their sphere of influence. Qsar said this is the time to reconnect. Call your sphere and ask how they are doing during these challenging times. Ask how they are dealing with the situation and what they’re doing to pass the time. This is a great way to reconnect with past clients. Qsar also said that in addition to reconnecting with your pipeline, to make sure that you’re using a CRM system. 48% of Realtors do not regularly use a CRM, which makes it nearly impossible for them to scale their business to an elite level.
5.Go Live: Social distancing guidelines have prevented face-to-face meetings, but that doesn’t have to prevent you from seeing and connecting with your clients and sphere. Qsar said that using platforms such as Zoom or Facetime makeup for not being able to see your clients in person. And while many agents may not feel comfortable on camera, this is a critical time to be as personal with people as possible.

There is no doubt that these are challenging times. Everyone has been impacted one way or another. Real estate agents have been greatly affected as well, but there are things that can be done now to connect with prospects and clients.

Previous post:

Next post: